Monday 23 July 2012

OKADA WAHALA


One of those days when your Dad warns you particularly and carefully against doing something and you are caught pants down doing exactly what you were told not to do after giving him assurance. Well, if you are wondering, I didn’t have sex with anybody in the house and I did not steal nobody’s money, I was seen on a bike (okada)
It took me 15years of my life before I first took a bike, asides the fact that I never owned a bicycle, not that I was scared of motorcycles, i was just too good a boy and obeyed all instructions I was given. As we all know the devil has a way of exposing us, If I knew I was going to be dealt with by fate on that day, I would have boarded a taxi or trekked home sef (patapata it will take me 3hrs to get home). I selected a neat bajaj and mounted it like a musketeer will mount his horse.
I was enjoying the fresh breeze as the okada swayed in between cars stuck in traffic, we finally  got to a free road and the breeze I was enjoying earlier became too much, my hair strands were at atis, from nowhere an oncoming ___________ hit me
(a) Car           (b) trailer     (c) train       (d) ant      (e) Airplane     
okada man
It was a tiny ant, it went straight into my eye, I thought it was dust, so I tried to rub it out, but the more I rubbed, the more painful it became and the more I knew I was in trouble. I was like ok maybe I just need to bury my head in water. With one eye open and one closed I managed to get home, when I was giving the okada man money, he was looking at me like a mad boy because I was looking at him with one eye. I went straight to the bathroom and made sure nobody noticed, I drowned my head in a bowl of water, tried several other means but it only got worse, In my mind I was like ok, so am going to be blind. At the end, I had to confess and I was taken to the hospital, I had to use shades throughout the week In school, people who were not my friends and my juniors were impressed that I was bold enough to do that even right on the assembly ground not knowing I had a note from the vice principal.
My father was angry and am sure for a second he wished that eye would trouble me a little bit longer. He told me he was disappointed and I told him I won’t repeat it again. Somehow temptation came dancing again and I couldn’t resist it, it was certain no insect will enter my eyes because It became an habit to wear shades to protect my eyes when I’m on bike. The journey was smooth, the breeze was in order, the road was free, nothing could possibly go wrong, I was also watching out for an ash bmw or a black Nissan, so that I don’t fall directly into my Father’s hand. as we got to a T junction, we leveled up with the black jeep we have been trailing, I was helping the okada man check the road before we zoom off then I noticed the tinted glass of the jeep slowly go down, it instantly clicked to me  MY FATHER’S FRIEND.
He looked straight into my eyes and told me to get down. I told the Okada man to park well, he even settled my fare. He didn’t say a word till we got to our shop, the moment he got down, I could see the excitement in his eyes as if he caught a thief and the sheriff was going to give him a medal, I can’t really count the number of slaps I got that day, I don’t even know who and who slapped me, all I knew was that I got variety of slaps, ranging from thin palms to fat palms ( I guessed passers by were interested in the slapping contest)
Today, he doesn’t even give a shit if I go interstate on bike, all he wants to know is that I’m home safe.

6 comments:

  1. Very very nice and funny story. Keep it up. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice 1 man.i lyk d "slapping contest" part.but if only u had littlte f ma brain........o ma se o.Thumbs up bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete