Thursday 5 January 2012

A WEEKEND OUT OF SCHOOL

Leaving school during session isn't one of my things, but when i got an invitation to attend my friend's sister's wedding i made it my thing for once. this is the story of the weekend i made a new friend.

i left school early enough to make it for the reception. The reception took place in a big hotel in Ejigbo, the atmosphere was the typical Naija wedding scene,  women on gele running helter skelter, big boys in shades, men in agbada with newspapers peeping out of their armpits, ambiance of food cries "ai ti get ounje nibi bayii o, e gbe moinmoin lo si side ibeyen"the music suited the occasion. By the time i got there i was famished, my host(Akin) was able to take a break from his aburo iyawo duties and brought me fried and jollof rice with meat and chilled coke. at that moment i felt like doing MJ's moon walk and hugging him but i just told him "thanx bro"

By the time reception was over, we(Me, Akin and his in-law) decided to chill at the venue before we leave for our hotel, we gisted for some minutes before we got bored to tears and decided to call the spices of life to come and spice up our discussion. in 5 minutes three known ladies to the guys walked up to our seat, one sat with each of us, i was using one side of my eyes to scope my pick and my other eyes was at my phone(snake xenzia). the other guys got to business and were already deep in conversation with their cohorts. Akin noticed i wasn't talking to the other girl. he then did an extended introduction and got back to his acquaintance, at that point i was expected to take off but i wasn't in the mood for chin wagging. i tried my best though to bring her back to life cos she was very busy with her phone too.

ME; ....................so what university are you   
HER; I'm still in secondary school
ME; so what class
HER; SS2(first term for dat matter)
ME; WOW

i glanced at Akin and gave him a frown, i continued chatting with her and most of our talk was on her secondary school(do you have a school daughter? bla bla bla talk) i was crying deep inside that this people should let us start going. she kept on talking and i just wished she could kiss the sky for once, she told me to excuse her and left me, for a moment i was thanking God, she then called and told me to walk down, Akin had earlier left so i thought it was our cue to leave not knowing the party just started, i went after her and asked her where Akin was, she had no idea, she then told me to come with her. as if i was hypnotized i trailed her behind until we got to a less crowded place let me say, something close to a dark corner, i was enjoying the drama cos i wanted to know what will evolve that night, i then tried to talk but she halted me saying "let's forget about my school jare" she then started asking personal questions like my age, my number in the family and so on. i gave her any answer and told her it would be better we check on the others before they leave me behind, she was a bit reluctant but i insisted. 

we left the place and went back to our former location, i even felt ashamed walking beside her, anybody looking at us will mistake me for her big uncle. we didn't really say much again that night until she asked for my phone number, i gave her sha. by the time we got to our hotel, she had already called me four times, i then said to myself "I'm in trouble"

the next day was saturday and it was the wedding proper, i was the odd one out, all the people i knew were dressed in tux, i was wearing my unstarched blue guniea without a cap. the church service was interesting though long. i felt a vibration in my pocket and it was my new friend calling me, she told me she was outside the church and wanted to see me, i told her i wasn't leaving the church until after the service. after the service i made sure i didn't see her, even at the reception, i saw her looking for me but i somehow managed to escape unseen. 
from our conversation on that friday, she told me she'll be going back to school on monday which implies she won't be able to call until xmas break.suprisingly i haven't heard from her since then. 

HAPPY MARRIED LIFE TO  DAYO AND TOPE
Nov 12, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment